Spring 1997 |
M W 7:00pm - 8:50pm
Fundamentals of Database Systems by R. Elmasri and
S. B. Navathe, Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Second Edition, 1994.
Other reference books.
Principles of Database and Knowledge-Base Systems, Volume I and
Volume II by
Jeffrey D. Ullman ,
Computer Science Press, 1993.
An Introduction to Database Systems by C. J. Date, Addison
Wesley, Sixth Edition, 1995.
- Introduction to Database systems
- Entity-relationship Model
- Relational Model
- Survey of SQL
- Relational Calculus, QUEL and QBE
- Relational Design Theory
- Hierarchical Model and Network Model
- File Organization
- Query processing and optimization
- Transaction Processing and Concurrency Control
- Object-Oriented Databases
- New Directions in Databases
- Exams and review
- Homework and Programming Assignments: 500 points (50%).
- First Examination( March 5th, Wednesday 150 points (15%).
- Second Examination( April 21st, Monday 150 points (15%).
- Final Examination( May 12th, Monday, 7:00pm-9:00pm) 200 points
Other Web Pages of Interest
Last update: Mon Mar 17 13:10:38 MST 1997