Spring 2011, 2012, 2013
+ Programming Languages - (Boise State University, Department of Computer Science)
- Identify characteristics of procedural, object-oriented, functional, declarative and scripting languages.
- Describe the phases of program translation.
- Explain different forms of binding, visibility, scoping and lifetime management.
- Demonstrate the differences between call-by-value and call-by-reference parameter passing.
- Explain the concepts of encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Write small programs in languages based on several different programming paradigms.
- Evaluate a language on the basis of the various features which it supports.
+ Computer Graphics - (Boise State University, Department of Computer Science)
- Familarize students with the mathematics required for computer graphics
- Discuss fundamentals such as raster graphics, transformations, viewing, clipping algorithms and so on
- Implement algorithms for viewing, interaction, lighting and shading as well as ray tracing
- Explore graphics hardware and familiarize yourself with shaders and their use in the graphics pipeline
- Discuss advanced graphics topics such as non-photorealistic graphics, graphics for games and scientific visualization.
Spring 2002, Fall 2002, Spring 2003
Fall 1999, Spring 2000