- Familarize students with the mathematics required for computer graphics
- Discuss fundamentals such as raster graphics, transformations, viewing, clipping algorithms and so on
- Implement algorithms for viewing, interaction, lighting and shading as well as ray tracing
- Explore graphics hardware and familiarize yourself with shaders and their use in the graphics pipeline
- Discuss advanced graphics topics such as non-photorealistic graphics, graphics for games and scientific visualization.
In addition to the handouts and relevant readings assigned for each week, we will refer to the following texts for weekly readings. These books are available at the Boise State bookstore.